an image of an eye glowing green...

0wn yourself

2007-01-29

can games improve your spatial perception?

i've lately been addicted to this game at the wiicade website.

i've often thought about the educational potential of video games, and i think this one might just be good for the old grey matter. i'm not exactly sure what skillset i'm learning here, but it seems to me that to beat these puzzles, you either have to brute force it, or be able to 'see' the solution (i.e. visualize the right possibility).

i'd like to see more examples of games that are engaging and teach you something. maybe i'll write one some time. i'm sure there have to be some good ones out there that i haven't found yet.

-cid

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our world, and I am fairly certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory decreases, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://cryst4lxbands.blog.com/2010/01/31/will-the-r4-or-r4i-work/]r4i ds[/url] DS QDos)